Trade Show Tips
ADI Displays and Printing wants you to get the best ROI (Return On Investment) on your next trade show display and more!
Going to Trade show conventions is one of the best lead generation activities to boost your ROI. The best lead generating promotion technique is constantly getting your web site search engine optimized professionally (SEO). We can provide that service and many other services to promote more sales online. The organizations that grow the fastest always do both online marketing and Trade shows. The companies that come out on top at the trade shows exhibit their product or services the best with attractive, innovative, and inviting trade show displays to maximize their ROI. We will explain the way you can spend more money to get a better ROI. Any display costing over $500 will get 10% below MSRP to improve your ROI they are priced now at 5% below MSRP. So now in this competitive marketplace you will get an additional 5% discount from us at Avery Design and Imaging- Exhibits and All Printing.
Organizations that realize that just showing up are not enough. Design a communications strategy that draws the traffic before the trade show. For the best ROI it is critical to have an attractive out of the ordinary trade show exhibit display for the convention, one that is lightweight to cut down on shipping and strong follow up after the show.
- Planning the first step toward trade show success is creating an advanced scheduled timeline to support your company's dazzling marketing plan. It's also important to keep all forms of communication consistent to achieve a step-by-step schedule months in advance. Make sure your brochures, postcards and advertisements have a tag line and design elements that are consistent with the exhibit display graphics because consistency in your message is psychologically going to draw customers to your booth. Clearly illustrate how your new and old products can benefit prospects and customers.
- Build quality traffic with an extraordinary and informative exhibit display will boost your ROI and ensure quality foot traffic. Lets say you normally spend $10,000 on a 10'x20' exhibit display and this show you have a new edge over your competitors, so you decide spend $30,000 on your exhibit display and that year you take 20% of your biggest competitors accounts and that equates to $1,000,000 in revenue growth. You realize that the extra $20,000 you invested in an extraordinary and informative exhibit display grossed you an extra cool million.
- To Engage customers and prospects well in advance of any event, and make it clear how they stand to benefit from visiting your booth. Incentives can include free show tickets for your best customers. A promotional USB drive with your logo printed on it with interesting large photos or a catalog of all your products, or one of our fun advertising specialty in-booth gifts with your info on it. Another promotion is a high end product drawing giveaway with the business cards in a bowl. That provides them with hope to win something great and leaves you with a bunch of leads. Promote these incentives well ahead of time through direct mail, on your website and definitely by email a few times. Plastic brochure bags are an excellent promotion to co-promote with the trade show organizer to help boost traffic to your booth and direct prospects to your exhibit display. Here at ADI we can provide all of the consistent design work for these pre-promotions and printing marketing materials for one-third the cost of an advertising agency.
- Engage on-site effectively, connect and talk with show attendees with a smile on your face. If you are going to hire models, you train them with your on-site staff so they can role-play and know when to qualify and send a prospect to the staff. Have plenty of business cards and at least a brochure for any new products. Be sure to emphasize to the model sales per on how much you've invested in the show, and explain that sales performance will have a great impact on its success. Pump up your staff with bonuses to reach preset sales goals. When training make sure everyone knows the color codes for each badge to qualify visitors and determine whether they are high-quality leads. If they are an exhibitor they could be there to try and steal any of your trade secrets. Give the sales staff tips on how to walk away from spying visitors nicely. All of your best customers should be treated like royalty and at night be entertained. It could be money well spent because your competition could offer a nice dinner and they hit it off and go with their product or service. Each sales person could pick 2 or three of their VIPs to go out.
- Follow up with customers and prospects. You should start with the prospects so you can set up an appointment right away. The hottest leads, you need to call or email first. That could mean fact finding such as pricing, specifications, statistics from surveys that says that your product is far superior to your competitors and easier to use. Input all the new leads into a database. Use the database to send out monthly newsletters to improve your ROI, product updates or just to say Hi. Each lead is good until they unsubscribe you, but keep them until you have a new product or your competitor goes out of business. You never know when a lead can come back to you. You might call one someday and you could ask, what can I do to get your business. And the prospect will say your competitor has been raising prices and if you can go back to the original price I will buy from you!
- n final closing I want to reiterate the fact that we sell any display over $500 at 10% below MSRP and that coupled with all the instructions and ideas in this article will give your company a much greater ROI.